- Are you feeling depressed or anxious?
- Are you experiencing a life crisis and in need of support?
- Are you experiencing a life change and finding it hard to adjust?
- Are you working through a recent loss?
- Are you feeling stressed, angry, and/or frustrated?
- Are you interested in your personal growth and development?
- Have you recently lost someone close to you?
- Do you have an important decision to make and are struggling to work out what's best?
- Do you feel events in your past may be preventing you moving forward?
- Do you want to feel listened to?
- Would you like to find the time and space to think about yourself and work through your feelings about particular issues?
- Would you like to feel more complete and balanced?
Counselling can help!
How can Counselling help you?
Counselling can help you to address and resolve specific problems; make decisions; cope with a crisis; improve your relationships; promote and develop personal awareness; work with your feelings, thoughts, perceptions, and internal or external conflict.
Often feelings and emotions are related to personal experiences which can hold you back from achieving your full potential as an individual.
Counselling gives you the opportunity to explore these experiences; it allows you to reflect on what is happening within your life and yourself; to consider alternative ways of doing things; and to move forward.
Counselling can also help to reduce confusion, and enable you to cope with challenges, and/or to make positive changes in your life where necessary.
What can you expect from me?
I believe that most individuals have the potential to make changes and grow, and as your counsellor I will work towards understanding your experience from your point of view.
I will not give advice, but I will aim to develop a confidential, supportive, trusting, non-judgemental, and respectful, relationship with you.
I will offer you the time, place, and space, to be yourself, to allow you to talk about any difficulties, to work through any problems you are experiencing, and to move forward.
I will listen attentively to you and show you empathy, respect, and genuineness, giving you the opportunity to experience, and express, your feelings, and perhaps understand yourself from a different perspective.
I use an integrative counselling approach, which has a basis in humanistic/person centred practice. This approach means that I might use a variety of methods, theories and techniques to suit your individual needs, and the issues that concern you.